Local Area Network #
Computers on which the client and server components of the Collaborator system are installed must be connected to a local area network.
The local area network can be organized in any form.
It is possible to organize the network as Active Directory domains or as Windows workgroups. In the case of Microsoft technologies, it is preferable to organize the network as Active Directory domains.
- The basic operating protocol is TCP/IP.
- The minimum capacity of the local network is 100 Mbit/s.
- The time between sending a request (RTT) and receiving a response should not exceed 10 ms.
- The network packet loss rate should not exceed 0.01%.
Communication channel for web access #
The communication channel used when working with the Collaborator system via web access must meet the following requirements::
- availability of a stable (uninterrupted) connection;
- channel capacity according to the table:
|Number of users||Channel capacity|
|Up to 10||256 Kbit/s|
|Up to 100||2,5 Mbit/s|
|Up to 1000||25 Mbit/s|
Requirements for the capacity of communication channels #
To work comfortably with information resources and learning material, the following channel capacity requirements should be provided.
When working with resources up to 80 MB, which contain text and graphic material:
- for regular users – 128 kb/s;
- for users with editing permissions – 256 kb/s.
When working with resources up to 160 MB, which contain text and graphic material:
- for regular users – 256 kb/s;
- for users with editing permissions – 512 kb/s.
When working with resources up to 250 MB, which contain videos:
- for regular users – 512 kb/s;
- for users with editing permissions – 1024 kb/s.