Knowledge base in Collaborator
The Knowledge Base is one of the most important tools for accumulating information resources. This functionality will help to solve the problem of organizing an internal closed information base of the company. With the help of the Knowledge Base the problem of general training of the organization is solved.
You can access the Knowledge Base through the menu Information - Knowledge base.
The Knowledge base is available to Users whose role has the right the User can view the knowledge base. Read more about the rights and roles in the system in the article - Roles in the system.
The source of information for the knowledge base can be:
- Resources - it is possible to restrict access to search and view Resources by using access groups in the Knowledge Base. Learn more about using this tool in the Knowledge Base Management.
It is also possible to receive Notifications about updating and adding resources.
- News - all published news are available for search and viewing. There are no access restrictions.
- Forum - all published forum topics are available for search and viewing. There are no access restrictions.
- Wiki - all Wiki pages are available for search and viewing. There are no access restrictions.
All Knowledge Base items are displayed in the default list unless access restrictions are used in the Knowledge Base Management tool.
The most recent Knowledge Base items and items that have been modified are at the top of the list.
Features of the Knowledge Base:
- Knowledge Base Management - restriction of access of user groups to resources
- Using the Knowledge base - ways to view resources and their search rules, commenting and rating of resources
- Knowledge Base Categories - more about Categories in the Knowledge Base and search by category
- Notifications about updating and adding resources - information on ways to notify users about new and updated resources
- Knowledge Base Report - report to determine the number of transitions by categories and resources.