Work with the goal tree
Creating an objective tree #
After Adding a strategic plan on the page Strategic plan for the Administrator, the Objective Tree is automatically generated in the following form:
If the plan is not filled out yet, nothing is displayed for Users on the page (only a background inscription that there are no items);
Clicking "Add an element of the first level" creates a first level plan item and allows the Administrator to edit it and create child items.
After you start editing the Objective Tree (adding, removing, moving objectives), a pop-up warning appears on the page:
For other Administrators, another message appears at this time and the goal tree blocks for changes for 15 minutes from the last change, or until the action is completed (click on "Complete" by the current administrator).
At the same time, all users can fill in the already created objectives.
To the left of each element of the plan displays the number of its nesting level - from 1 to 9.
Subsidiary plan elements are created by clicking on the "Add Item" button in the right side menu of the element. Level 9 elements do not have such a button.
On the left side of each item in the Objective Tree there is a button which toggles the "expand/hide" display mode of its subsidiaries.
If no items are selected in the Goal Tree, the background caption "Select a plan item to view information about it" appears on the right side of the page..
For the selected Objective Tree item, the right side of the page displays a form for viewing and editing its parameters.
Removing a Tree item is done from the menu on the right side of the Plan item. Only an Administrator with the "Remove objectives" permission can delete the objectives. More information about roles in the system and their rights here.
A notification is displayed before removal:
After removal, the Objective Tree is displayed on the page with no items selected.
Editing Objective parameters #
When editing parameters, all changes are saved automatically in real time.
- Title (1) - objective title;
- Structural folder (2) - the attribute of the tree element that is used to group the objectives. Read more at here.
- Description (3) - detailed description of the objective. If the "Not public" option is set, only the Administrator, the Manager and the Task Manager are displayed, otherwise - to all;
- Success criteria / KPIs (4) - a list or description of indicators, the fulfillment of which determines the fulfillment of the objective. More about functionality here. When "Not public" is set, only the Administrator, the Manager and the Task Manager are displayed, otherwise - to all.;
- Complete to (5) - task deadline date;
- Actual completion date (6) - set when the task is considered completed;
- Status (7) - according to the settings of the functional statuses of Working tasks;
- Objective weight (8) - is indicated in %. The weights of all targets for each performer are summed up and must be equal to 100%, otherwise the total weight value is highlighted in red;
- Performer (9) - user to whom the target is assigned. Also, if the template for adding objectives was used, the employee assigned as the Executor of the parent objective will be the Curator of the subsidiary objectives by default.
- Curator (10) - the user responsible for checking if the objective has been completed. Also, if a template has been used to add objectives, the Curator assigned in this way is by default the Executor of the parent objective.
- Self-Assessment (11) - the score of the task is set by the Executor. If a scale is set in the Strategic Plan settings, the score is selected from the drop-down list, according to the scale. Curator has no right to change the self-assessment of another person, only their own.
- Curator's assessment (12) - the evaluation of the task is set by the curator of the objective. If in the settings Adding a strategic plan the scale is set, then the grade is selected from a drop-down list, according to the scale.
- ”Not public” parameter (13) - disables viewing of part of the task parameters (description, success factors, summary, comments) by all, except the Administrator, Manager, and Performer;
- Summary (14) - can only be written or edited by the Administrator, the Curator, or the Executor. By process, Totals are completed by the Performer before discussing with the Supervisor. If the task is "Not public" - only the Administrator, Curator or Performer can see the Totals.
The summary is displayed in the "Current Objectives" table.
- Comments (15) - Any user can see and leave comments to the task, if the "Not public" option is not set for it. The administrator can delete and edit comments.
Structured folder #
This is the attribute of the Goal Tree item that is used to group the goals together. If this option is enabled, only the following parameters are displayed and available for modification in this Objective Tree item:
- Performer - Если был использован шаблон для добавления целей, то сотрудник назначенный Исполнителем родительской цели по-умолчанию будет является Куратором дочерних подзадач этой папки.
- Опция "не публичная". Если структурная папка “Не публичная” - видеть ее могут только Администратор, Куратор или Исполнитель.
In the Objective Tree, the Structured Folder is highlighted by the icon:
Success criteria / KPIs #
There are two possible modes of displaying KPIs:
- list mode
- description mode
Set with the following buttons:
You can create a list of attributes, the fulfillment of which will mean the fulfillment of the objective.
KPI is represented as a list of binary attributes that you can say "yes" or "no" about and check the checkbox.
KPIs are provided with descriptions for review
If "Not public" is set, the KPI list is displayed only to the Administrator, Curator and Task Performer, otherwise - to all.
The list can be edited by the Administrator, the Curator, and the Performer..
Edit mode/Evaluation mode #
There are two modes of operation for the objectives:
- Edit mode
- Evaluation mode.
The modes are set in the objective settings on the right.
In Edit mode you can make changes to all objective parameters.
In the Evaluation mode, some of the parameters are blocked from change. You can only change:
- actual completion date
- curator's assessment
- KPI completion marks